• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

~ * Cruise Question of the Day * ~

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had this happen a few years ago - we normally try to snorkel in every port, but this cruise, we left it for the last port and it was raining so hard, the excursion got cancelled, so we hauled our snorkel gear all the way there for nothing.

Happy to say this has never happened to us and I sure hope it never does. Right now I am thinking of Tonia - enjoying her Panama Canal cruise while the fires are blazing away in California. I hope her home is safe but she must be very concerned and is not due back for another 5 days.

We had a hurricane in Florida when we were on the Mercury. We spent plenty of time worrying as our daughter was only 17 at the time and home alone. The news coverage on the ship made it look awful but once we were able to talk to my DD she said it wasn't too bad, just lots of wind and branches down. It was made worse by the fact that we had already had 3 hits that year.

If I could take my family with me I'd get on a ship in a heartbeat!!! Sure beats not having electric for a week! I have a great neighbor who would take care of my house but I woudlnt' go if I didn't take my kids with me.