• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

~ * Cruise Question of the Day * ~

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We took one cruise long ago with a group of Jim's "golf buddies". We went to Bermuda which is a golfers paradise but the cruise was the first time all of the wives met. To say we did NOT hit if off would be an understatement. With hubby's off golfing all day when in port we spent all out time avoiding one of the "know it all" wives. I must say that was the longest 7 days I ever had and as long as I could avoid "the b****" as we named her - all was fine.

We were on a cruise with my brother-in-law once,and, as far as I'm concerned, I could do without that again. The only problem is that my wife would never mind cruising with her brother, so who do you think would win that battle?

Our cruise in 11 days is the first time we have cruised with anyone other than our kids and I am really looking forward to it. Our best friends, who live in Texas have the cabin next to ours and we have already asked if we can have the balcony wall opened so we can all sit outside together. I don't think it will be any problem - usually every summer, we meet them in Ouray, CO (up in the mountains) and we share a condo for a week. We didn't do that this past summer, but they did come stay here in our home for a week and there was never a time that we got under each other's skin, so it should be fun. The next cruise after this one is with the TroubleMakers, so I hope all goes smoothly there also!!!

Yes we did cruise with our family. Thank God it was only 3 days.........It was my parents 50th anniversaryand there were 12 of us. 2 sisters complained the entire weekend and made the rest of us miserable. NEVER AGAIN!

We'll take my parents and leave the rest of them home!

Oh YES. In March we cruised with DW's sister and her husband. NEVER again. She was a royal pain in the a__. Greeted the Room Stewart with "We are going to make your life miserable." Upset because they did not have Green Tea at dinner. There was always too much or too little ice in her glass of water at meals. The dance floors were two small and on and on. :angry:

Hell will freeze over before I ever cruise with her again!! DW agrees. :wacko:

We have cruised with family and friends, but honestly the very best cruises are most definitely the ones with just DH and I. Nobody else's schedule needs to be taken into consideration.... which frees us up to do everything and anything we please!! In my opinion, it's the best way to go!!