• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

~ * Cruise Question of the Day * ~

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For us, this is an ironic question. We've never cruised with anyone we knew, despite great efforts to get family and/or friends to join us. We seem to be the only cruisers in our circle. We can't even talk our adult (32) son into a cruise.

We had one group cruise; but it was a special interest cruise (World Ocean and Cruise Line Society) of online "friends", so we hadn't actually met anyone before the cruise.

It would be fun to cruise with at least one other couple; but, unless our son gets married to a cruiser, I don't think it will ever happen.

The B2B question of a few days ago, on the other hand, was reality. When we took our cruise of 3 days in Nice, two 7 day B2Bs, and then 1 night in Lisbon, we packed the same as if we were going to be away for 7 days, not 18. In essence, we packed 5 days worth of clothing, and had laundry done several times. Joan bought two caftans in Morocco, which definitely spiced up her wardrobe for the remaining five days of the vacation. She's wearning one of the caftans in our avatar picture.

I STAY excited about my next cruise from the time I book till the time I set sail! *LOL* But I go into hyperload about 2 weeks before. Can't eat. Can't sleep. Start researching all the ports and the ship like mad. Drive all my friends and coworkers CRAZY talking about it non-stop. I actually don't start packing till a day or two before hand. But I start a mental list in my mind about a week before and I usually have a portion of my closet sectioned off for "cruise clothes" about a month before.

What's funny is the "meltdown" I have the first evening on the ship. I've been in hyperload for two weeks and I'm just so danged happy to finally be onboard that I get superemotional. I remember sitting out on my balcony on my last cruise just bawling because I had imagined being there for so long I just couldn't believe it was really happening!!! Now before you brand me a total mental case :wacko: ...please keep in mind that I don't get to cruise as often as some of you. So it's a really big deal for me. :blush:

I haven't even booked our next cruise yet (trying to decide between 2 dates) and I'm already excited - 13 months out. I keep one bag packed all the time with all the odds and ends we take along with us and have separate storage bins for "cruise" clothes so could actually be ready to sail on a couple of hours notice ( hint hint to DH)