• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

~ * Cruise Question of the Day * ~

Rate this topic

I'm thrilled the moment I book and I feel that great relief when I board the ship. I understand how you feel Smoo. Last cruise I really didn't enjoy because of the situation with my mom but I'm ready for the 3 upcoming cruises and the excitement has returned!

The hardest part of packing for me is the toiletries. I usually start to pack them 2 weeks out so I have plenty of time to get what I need. I have cruise clothes in a separate part of the closet so they are always handy. Just have to decide what I want to wear with what. I'm all done packing 2 days before we leave. Never like to leave it till the last night, I always feel like I forgot something.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm packed except for last minute items about two days before the cruise. DW waits till the last possible minute (the night before departure). Drives me nuts. However, I'm the one who usually forgets to pack something.

On our cruise two weeks ago it was dress black socks to wear with my Tux. Easily taken care of aboard ship in one of the shops. On one cruise I discovered I'd packed a black suit instead of my Tux, how dumb is that? :blush:

I'm always excited about cruises, even after 50 sailings. Just filled out my Fun Pass for the Carnival Spirit and that makes me feel much closer to boarding. :thumbup:

We get up....take our showers, then finish packing up what we're carrying off. Then we go have a lesiurely breakfast then go wait in the lounge for our color to be called. While there we visit with new friends, reminence about our trip, watch the entertainment, etc. Because we are in driving distance of the embarcation port we don't need to rush off to catch a plane.