• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

~ * Cruise Question of the Day * ~

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the first was the best but it'll always be cherished since it was our honeymoon. I had no idea what to expect so of course I loved it.

I think my favorite was Alaska on Radiance of the Seas. Just too beautiful for words and the perfect ship with lots of glass so you always saw the view.

Our first cruise, to Alaska on the old Noordam in 1998, was wonderful, and is cherished because it was our firt cruise; but we've had even better.

As with Joey and Mercedes, a Med. cruise is one of two cruises tied for first. Two weeks on the Wind Surf, November 2004, Nice to Barcelona and Barcelona to Lisbon. The other: Canada-New England, jazz cruise, Regent Seven Seas Navigator, September, 2005. Absolutely impossible to compare two such different cruises. How much did we like them? We have two cruises currently booked, on the Wind Surf and on a different Regent ship.

What was your least favorite ship and why????[/size]

I have two both Carnival......worst was the Tropicale. We took our kids (they were 8 and 10)on their first cruise and it was a disaster. The TV's didn't work, the toilets overflowed, the kids program was non-existant, my DD ate the same thing for 5 of 7 days. I saw more of my DD in those 7 days then I did at home and they spent every minute of the trip with us. Both my kids swore they would never go again, but here we are 12 years later and they are both cruise veterans. We look back at it now and laugh.

Back in 1989 Jim & I (during a lapse of sanity) agreed to accompany Debbie and 3 or her friends and David with 3 of his friends on a 7 day cruise to Bermuda. We tried to convince the kids to sail on a ship we had been on before but they were all strapped for cash and decided to go on the Queen of Bermuda.

First of all, the porthole in Deb's room would not stay closed. During a storm their carpet and beds were soaked. Four girls in one stateroom and the outlet for their hair dryer didn't work. EEK Every night before dinner we would have 4 girls in our cabin drying their hair

Dave's room - the shower backed up everytime they used it and the toilet did not work half of the time.

The ship listed badly to the port side for the entire 7 days of the cruise.

They decided to refinish the pool deck and the pool deck was closed for the first 2 days. Then the soot was so bad - it was all over everything - so they decided they would have to refinish the pool deck a second time on the trip back.

Because of the list, fire doors were constantly slamming shut so they had to be braced open - sometimes that worked - sometimes it didn't.

Food were mediocre, always cold - service was non existent and these 8 teens went home declaring they would NEVER cruise again. Fortunately most of them gave it another try on another ship and became hooked

Never did sail that line again but everyone loved Bermuda and was very happy to be on solid ground for a few days.

I don't think we have a least favorite ship although I do have my least favorite "crew"

that would be the crew that was on board the Oosterdam on our Caribbean adventure a few years ago..

The staff was unresponsive and condescending.. so much so we stopped sailing HAL...

I do think that the crew "is" the ship and their actions or lack of actions make the difference...

as long as a ship is fairly well maintained and safe.. that's all i can asked of the ship itself...

now the crew..... thats a whole nother statement entirely... :tongue:

Do you have a most memorable crew member??? Why????[/size]

Ours would have to be Afla, the head waiter on our Legend cruise to Alaska in 1998. DH gave DS his coat in Vancouver at the Garden's as he didn't need one of course and it was cold! Howie came down with an awful cold and Afla had Chicken soup sent to our cabin every afternoon and at night if he wanted it. What a sweetie!