• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

~ * Cruise Question of the Day * ~

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing we have learned about packing is don,t pack items you aren't going to use! Each cruise we get better at that. We pack by each days iterinary, and love the "hang-up" bag.

I got some great clear bags from Big Lots - 50 cents each and they hold 4 blouses, or 3 pairs of slacks, or 7 pairs of undies or socks or just a bunch of little bits and bobs. I end up with about eight of these in each suitcase - and there is room to spare. Great for unpacking as well. They are zippered so they can be filled to the max. Other than that - each cruise we seem to pack lighter than the one before - so we have more room for all that good junk we buy when we are on vacation :o)

We have the same bags Skipper and they work well for us most of the time. This 10 day cruise is making it pretty hard to stick to 1 suitcase each. Marylou I love the packing in a bag per day idea! Maybe I'll try it this time. It may also cut down on my clothes!!! LOL

Yes we stay in touch with home by e-mail but never work!!!!! I always want to make sure my kids are OK and I e-mail them daily from the ship or from port. I have a separtate e-mail from the ship so no spam or unwanted mail.

DH and I need to recharge not obsess about our business. We'll see how that works out this trip as my DS is running the business for us while we're gone.

I totally get away from work. If I catch myself even thinking about work, I will get quite angry at myself. I'm usually good at never thinking about work. While I'm out there, there is absolutely nothing I can do about it anyway, so why think about it. My wife will keep her cell phone with her, but it is usually turned off.