• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

~ * Cruise Question of the Day * ~

Rate this topic

I like the sea day as much as, if not better than the ports (I loke the ports too). Last year we went on a 9 day cruise with 4 sea days, and that was one of our better cruises. It was especially nice to have 2 sea days at the beginning of the cruise to totally decompress from work. :biggrin:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am a book reader.. I think it's nice to take a book with you on a cruise.. but you should enjoy your cruise also besides just to get caught up in your book world! I think the nicest place to read on a ship is by one of the more quiet pools.. My favourite was I guess on the back ship! It's nice and quiet and you can still look over the ocean! I never used the library I don't like reading there somehow!

Chiara

Yes, I am a book reader and I always have one in progress. I usualy take a couple of books, because once I only took one and it was so good that I continually had my nose in it and finished it on the 3rd day. I went to the gift shop onboard and looked, but they didn't have anything I wanted to read. I have never been to the ship's library. My favorite place to read is on our cabin's balcony. Only when at sea though, if we are in port, we are always in town all day. Thy used to let you turn your balcony light on when at sea and I would read by it, but the last few cruises, our lights didn't work while at sea, so now I always take a clip-on book light.

I took a book on our last cruise. But didn't read much of it. But I did enjoy sitting out on our balcony with it. I would start reading it, but then I would get caught up at just watching the ocean go by. *LOL* And when on deck I'm a BIG people watcher. I'd rather just sit and watch people. But it was nice having a book for the times I was in the mood to read.

Yes I am a big book reader....obviously I love Harry Potter, and I take the books with me everywhere I go. My favorite place and time to read is at the end of the day when I am relaxing before going to sleep, usually when I'm in bed at night. I did try to read on the balcony on sea days but I too was too distracted by the ocean and kept thinking about all the other things I could be out doing. But I ALWAYS read before I go to bed...it doesn't matter where I happen to be. :biggrin:

Always take a book! I love to read on the balcony first thing in the morning - with a coffee and pastry - while Dh is still "sawing logs". :rolleyes2:

I haven't actually used the ships librabry but did contribute a book to the one on the Conquest "The White Witch Of Rose Hall" - because it was germaine to the Jamaican Legend!

I bring a book on every cruise. Sometimes I finish it sometimes not. On Princess I did borrow a book from the library once but usually bring my own. I like to read on the Promenade deck or on our balcony. I seem to read more now since we have been to many of the same ports over and over and we just don't get off the ship as much.