• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

~ * Cruise Question of the Day * ~

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having tried both, we prefer early seating. True, it is a bit of a rush on port days but there are other dining options and if we don't want to rush we go to the buffetor have room service. Late seating was just a bit too late for us and we were not hungry by the time the midnight buffet rolled around. LOL

We have only tried the early seating but our next one is late seating. Seems as if you have to cut activities short or rush to get to dinner on time with the early seating. we always tend to eat dinner in the dining room, we have never skipped to go to the Lido, it's one of the favorite parts of cruising we enjoy!

We like the late seating. You don't usually feel as rushed through dinner. We like to come back from shore and relax before dinner. Just as Mary Lou said, you're not hungry for the midnight buffet, but that's really a positive for us. Plus, how many midnight buffets are there on cruises anymore? Also a plus, there are usually less kids at the late seating. Don't get me wrong, we love kids. We just find the ambiance better without them there.

DH prefers early but we always do late (of course I get what I want) it's so much nicer not to have to rush back to the ship and run to dinner, especially for us as we never do the buffet for dinner. I prefer the service of the dining room. Of course when the kids were young we did early.

Late - we eat late at home, because we are a very refined and classy couple - that and we usually pass out in the late afternoon from a few too many longnecks lol.

Late - because we don't have to rush from port visits and excursions and we have a chance to get cleaned up before dinner, and maybe catch a cat nap to get ready for the evening revelrie.

I have only been to the early seating...granted there is a little bit of a rush but I didn't mind it so much, it gave me time to take in a show if I wanted and go back to the cabin and change clothes before setting out for the rest of the night. Besides we usually eat around 6 pm at home. If I get hungry later there is always pizza and burgers on the Lido deck!!