• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

~ * Cruise Question of the Day * ~

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it when the ship docks at the port....yeah it's not as time consuming and everything else but the best thing for me is sitting on my balcony watching the people running for the ship because they are late getting back! LMAO :laugh: I have only tendered once and it wasn't bad, as I love to be on a boat of any kind it didn't bother me at all. Coming back the water was really choppy and Mom was freaking out....while I'm sitting there with a huge grin saying "bring it on"!!! The only bad part of tendering is Mom's knees...it was difficult for her to get back on the ship with the water so choppy, but we managed.

We've seen several dolphins down in the Caribbean. Up in Alaska, we've seen quite a few whales, seals, and sea otters. We have also seen several other cruise ships passing. I always have a pair of binoculars sitting in the room to grab whenever needed.

We always take the binoculars with us. Have seen dolphins in the ships wake (another advantage of those aft cabins) and saw several whales while cruising the Seguany up in Canada. Closer to home we saw some huge seaturtles around our ship while docked in Port Canaveral last year.

No, we have not seen any kind of marine life while cruising.

And YES we have seen other cruise ships while cruising, several times actually! I guess while cruising in the Gulf there are more opportunities(?)... Last time we were on the Ecstasy we passed another ship at night and it was a grand sight to see the ship all lit up. It was really very cool!

We have been fortunate enough to see dolphins and stingrays on caribbean cruises and whales, seals and eagles on Alaskan cruises.

We often see other ships passing us at sea. We love to try to identify it. Usually we are wrong and the crew tells us who's ship it is.

We have only brought binoculars to Alaska.

I spent a lot of time on my balcony last year looking for dolphins. I never saw one! :sad2: We were in the Mexican Riviera. But on Loco cruise....we are cruising in January....which means whale season!!!!! Last year we cruised in September. Too early for the whales. I will be bringing binoculars for sure! We did see other ships last time. Not up close.....but close enough you could tell it was another Carnival ship!