• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

~ * Cruise Question of the Day * ~

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A number of years ago we got to do the sailaway from New York from the pilot house. An very casual acquaintence of ours was a harbor pilot and we just happened to run into him on the Nordic Empress. He invited us into the pilot house for sailaway and we stayed there til the pilot boat picked him up by Sandy Hook quite a while later. It was a great thrill for us and one we won't soon forget.

We were fortunate enough to be on the bridge as the ship was leaving port in St. Martin. The captain actually loaned me binoculars to watch the pier........looking for the last minute runners of course. None to be had that day. Yes, the officers do joke about the last minute people. It is extremely unusual for anyone to be allowed on the bridge leaving a port. It was an experience I will never forget.

On our 1st cruise together, we woke up on our 1st morning feeling like we were being thrown out of bed. When we looked outside, it was a wierd color gray and the rain was going sideways. The sea was quite rough (35-45 ft. waves). We were on our way to Bermuda, and Hurricane Irene, which was way down south when we left New York, had sped up and over took us. We did turn away from the storm, but we were in it most of that day. I was never scared, but it was quite exciting for our 1st cruise. :thumbup:

There are so many........

My DD and I went on a booze snorkeling cruise (she was about 14) just the 2 of us in Antigua. There were quite a few nice looking young men aboard who definately had too much to drink. Well as we approached our ship they decided to moon the ship.......we got a great view from the front also.........That night I'm sitting in the hot tub with a few friends and discussing the events when one of the young men who we didn't know said "Would you like a repeat performance??"