• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

~ * Cruise Question of the Day * ~

Rate this topic

I always get my kids something. And my mom. And I usually bring back something for the girls in the office. On this last cruise I sacrificed myself and drank lots of DOD's so that I could take them all a pair of Carnival glasses. Now that's true friendship....drinking all that alcohol so they could have glasses.... :blink: I also got everyone something from De Sol. This store where everything they sell turns colored out in the sun.

Only a pair?? I thought a set was four?? :unsure: (remember you started this!!) :biggrin: lol

A set IS<] 4....buut I didn't get the girls a set....I got them a pair! :tongue:

And funny you should bring that up! Guess what I'm getting today?? my FIRST glass for my set! A secretary in the next building went on the Pride last week. I gave her lots of help on preparing and her excursions...she had never cruised before. When she asked what to bring me I told her all I wanted was one of the new glasses! She's bringing it to work today. I'm so excited! :biggrin:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always get my kids something. And my mom. And I usually bring back something for the girls in the office. On this last cruise I sacrificed myself and drank lots of DOD's so that I could take them all a pair of Carnival glasses. Now that's true friendship....drinking all that alcohol so they could have glasses.... :blink: I also got everyone something from De Sol. This store where everything they sell turns colored out in the sun.

Oh my... that's a suit case full of souvenirs..... Do you rob a bank while on vacation ? LOL

We're talking little stuff Lisa....

yep.. little things... LMAO !

well...those WERE<] a sacrifice.... :wink2:

Hmm I like that sacraficial alcohol intake idea. :biggrin::thumbup:

Because all of our cruises have been with our kids, we never bought them anything in the ports. They had their own money to spend. We have bought little things for people back home. This next cruise, since it will just be the two of us, we will probably get something for the kids. I don't see my daughter much, though, as she lives in Chicago. So maybe just something for my son. They don't expect things, so there is no pressure to find that right little souvenir. If I see something I think he would like, I will get it...if not, then I won't.

Usually I buy something for my kids since we don't take them with us much anymore. My son usually gets Jack, my DD jewelery, alcohol, or t-shirts.

Howie usually does the buying for me and it's jewelery. Guess he's happy now that I don't want or need anymore. For my 40th birthday he got me a diamond tennis bracelet! I got him a t-shirt once from the Bahamas since my DD and I left him home...... :laugh:

We always bring our sons and our grandson back something. They always get a T-shirt from every port - if there is a local Harley Davidson dealer, it comes from there. My older son also likes shot glasses so he gets one of those and the munchkin gets a little toy from every port and usually a few from the ship gift ship. We do buy jewelry in some places - Diamonds International in St. Thomas or Helena's in St. Martin but those are the only 2 jewelers we have dealt with. We have purchased jewelry from both after we have returned home also, via phone and internet. We have always gotten everything appraised by our jeweler here and it has always been worth more than we paid. I always buy my perfume when in port also.