• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2009 CruiseCrazies ® Group Cruise

Rate this topic

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder.....As you join the "Connie Goes Crazies Group" please Send me a blank Email so we may from time to time relay sensitive information regarding this cruise..

My email link will be active in my signature...

Judson and Rose still need your information.. Rose I thought I had yours .. I was wrong...

Thanks to all of you for the "welcome."

I'm a retired schoolteacher having taught in the classroom for 37 years and retired 5 years ago. Louise and I have been cruising for the past 5 years with a group from another cruise board. The planned cruises for 2009 were all repeats of former cruises and I like to add new places. The cruises have all be 7 day cruises and time is no problem for Louise and I.

I had absolutely no idea of discovering a cruise of interest when I dropped onto the CruiseCrazies Board the other day and all of a sudden I saw the info about the Southern Caribbean cruise and I have been "hot to trot" with this one since then. I'm sure you could tell from the posts that I made before booking today that there was some BIG interest.

We have done a 7 day Southern Caribbean cruise visiting St Maarten ( which I loved ) and Aruba ( which I also loved). We have been to St Thomas several times in the last 5 years and then as far back as 1970. :ohmy: We have not been to Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados, or Curacao. I think I'm looking most forward to Curacao.

When I was teaching one class in reading to 7th graders, one of the books that we read was set on the island of Curacao during World War II. The descriptions of the island in the book always made me want to visit there. I must have taught using this book for at least 10 years. :blush: So - this being the case - I think that's the place I'm most anxious to visit.

I'm looking forward to the next number of months getting to know those that are taking this cruise and then the actual cruise with the group.

Thanks again for the "welcome."

Thanks to all of you for the "welcome."

Judson what a nice introduction... but of course you were/are a teacher .. me as you will quicky learn if you havent figured it out yet .. I am the class clown..LOL

Glad you booked!!

Yes

It's "Judson" and "Louise." Casual is good - LOL.

Jackie - I looked at your website and found your posts to be very interesting.

Joey - I had guessed that you might be "the Entertainer." :rolleyes2:

Judson.......Thanks for the rundown. My mothers side of the family were teachers. Great grandfather was Dean at Pittsburg State College , Pittsurg, Ks. My grandfather was a teacher as were several of my Uncles. My only claim to fame in the academic world was when I made the Dean's list is college. Of course, when my Mom was alive she always pointed out it was the wrong list!

Look forward to getting to know you and Louise and meeting you on the cruise.

So happy you decided to join us Judson. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and Louise as we plan this terrific cruise. Have you been to any of these ports before? If so, please tell us some things not to miss.