• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2009 CruiseCrazies ® Group Cruise

Rate this topic

Hello I am Joey.... and I am frugal......

Joey - I also have been accused of being frugal (except DD uses the work CHEAP)

However, I feel every $ I can save on one cruise can be used toward the next cruise. :unsure:

You better believe that!! I am with you......

"cheap is refusing to buy anything..... frugal is cautious with spending!!"

as quoted by MY DAD throughout my youth

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too - frugal that is! I was just comparing a 4 Star (valued at $300) through Priceline, which one could possibly get for $100, with for example Holiday Inn at the Port, which is going for $143 right now for the cheapest room. But then there again we could bid on that kind of hotel, but may land up at Motel 6 :) Just kidding... but you know what I mean. If we were to bid on Priceline it needs to be on a higher price hotel.

Judson, on Priceline you offer a bid on a certain category hotel (eg 4 star) in a particular zone of the city and they come back with the offer. If they don't accept your bid but offer it for a higher price, you have the choice to go with it or not... at this stage you don't know which hotel it is, other than it is a 4 star in that particular zone - but if they accept your offer then you are locked in... done deal! The big thing is to bid LOW!!

At the end of the day....I am hoping to find accommodations at no more than 150-175 per night.. Thats my high goal price... this would be for a quality property with little extras (transportation..complementary food items..etc) at least this is what I am working towards.. thats the reason I originally asked who was interested in rooms..

we shall see...

thoughts.... comments??

At the end of the day....I am hoping to find accommodations at no more than 150-175 per night.. Thats my high goal price... this would be for a quality property with little extras (transportation..complementary food items..etc) at least this is what I am working towards.. thats the reason I originally asked who was interested in rooms..

we shall see...

thoughts.... comments??

I knew you were going to work on it and I'm in agreement with your stated comments. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for the "Leader." LOL :biggrin:

Thanks Joey for those pics - they bring back awesome memories. At least this cruise, being the Caribbean - we'll all use our balconies way more than we did in Europe, that's for sure.