• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2009 CruiseCrazies ® Group Cruise

Rate this topic

I am hoping that this "fuel crisis" ends when we get rid of the oil men in the WH jmo

I would like to hope that would be the case. Something better has to be in the works.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping that this "fuel crisis" ends when we get rid of the oil men in the WH jmo

Sorry to burst your bubble Joey, but in the UK this past week all the truck drivers went on strike because of the oil prices and there was gridlock in London - and not because of oil men in the WH - in South Africa gas prices hit R10 per litre this week ($1=7.7 Rand) - and not because of oil men in the WH........ unfortunately this is a global problem, not an American problem!

Sorry to burst your bubble Joey, but in the UK this past week all the truck drivers went on strike because of the oil prices and there was gridlock in London - and not because of oil men in the WH - in South Africa gas prices hit R10 per litre this week ($1=7.7 Rand) - and not because of oil men in the WH........ unfortunately this is a global problem, not an American problem!

Sad to think that the gas prices will never go back to what we once thought of as "normal".... now or days, if it drops below $3.75 it's a bargain :sad2: Who would have ever dreamed it would get to this point and impact every aspect of our lives to the point it has?!?!

Jackie you are aware that fuel prices world wide are linked to the US dollar..??

Sad to think that the gas prices will never go back to what we once thought of as "normal".... now or days, if it drops below $3.75 it's a bargain :sad2: Who would have ever dreamed it would get to this point and impact every aspect of our lives to the point it has?!?!

Compared to the rest of the world and what they pay... we would be happy to stay at $4.usd beats teh heack out of what europe and others are paying..sometimes just a "signal for Change is enough to spark a price reduction.." the key word here is "sometimes"

I'm concerned about the cost of air to Miami for this cruise. I think the best bet is going to be to purchase air as soon as you can get it for November of 2009 and I don't think you can get it till your fly dates are just a year out. And I'm only trying to get from Atlanta to Miami. Some of you have to fly further. However - there are no deals out of Atlanta. It's expensive, believe it or not, flying out of Atlanta.

That's another reason why we're going to need hotel information - to make a decision about the number of pre-cruise days. I've never flown in on a cruise day - That would just about do me in - the thoughts of all that might happen with delays, etc.

I'm concerned about the cost of air to Miami for this cruise. I think the best bet is going to be to purchase air as soon as you can get it for November of 2009 and I don't think you can get it till your fly dates are just a year out.

I agree Judson.. 331 days out(if memory serves) from your return flight is when fares will be availible..