• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

2009 CruiseCrazies ® Group Cruise

Rate this topic

that is a great option .. we love FLL... we would need transportation for how many with luggage??....any volunteers on checking Limo companies...

also we need to take into consideration that although most of the hotels in FLL offer free shuttle from airport... returning from the cruise how will we get to FLL airport... buy transfers from Celebrity? will they offer transfers to FLL??

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is a great option .. we love FLL... we would need transportation for how many with luggage??....any volunteers on checking Limo companies...

also we need to take into consideration that although most of the hotels in FLL offer free shuttle from airport... returning from the cruise how will we get to FLL airport... buy transfers from Celebrity? will they offer transfers to FLL??

Celebrity has transfers to both FLL and MIA airports.

We have flown in to FLL and sailed out of Miami on a number of cruises. We don't use ship transportation to get to the cruise anymore because they hoard you on their bus, keep you there until it is full (which could be more than an hour). We have rented taxis, limos, small vans. Believe it or not, we've waiting until we were at the airport and took care of it right there.

A couple of times, the van driver would give us his call back number so that we could request him when we got back to Miami.

But, we have used cruise transporation BACK to the airport at the end of the cruise. We have purchased the transfer two different ways: one beforehand through Celebrity and the other on the ship. Since you are a large group, I would suggest contacting Celebrity about getting transfers beforehand. I want to say $10/person.

These buses leave the pier very quickly. The downside is, you're not stuck in the airport with all of your luggage. Florida regulations won't let you check in your luggage until 3 or 4 hours before your return flight.

Another option might be to sign up for the debarkation excursion (for those flights leaving later in the day). This includes all transportation. This way, your luggage is stowed in the bus.

Florida regulations won't let you check in your luggage until 3 or 4 hours before your return flight.

Another option might be to sign up for the debarkation excursion (for those flights leaving later in the day). This includes all transportation. This way, your luggage is stowed in the bus.

I remember that... it blew me away the first time it happened...you have to sit in the mall area..how much was the taxi from FLL to the port of Mia

If I recall, taxi was about $50 - $65 total (most times we had anywhere from 2-4 couples splitting the bill). The limo was about the same. It holds more people and was much classier!

The time we travelled with 10 total was where we "rented" the shuttle. Again, somewhere in the $50-$75 range.

If I recall, taxi was about $50 - $65 total (most times we had anywhere from 2-4 couples splitting the bill). The limo was about the same. It holds more people and was much classier!

The time we travelled with 10 total was where we "rented" the shuttle. Again, somewhere in the $50-$75 range.

its always good to nail these fares down as early as possible before they can raise the price due to fuel charges... and since we are all staying at the same hotel .. a larger/bus may be in order.... there are always options that just need to be checked out...

Keep in mind we are over 500 days out so lots of time for this group to enlarge..

so it's best to check all the alternatives......JMHO