• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Crazie Explorers New England Cruise September 15, 2011

Rate this topic

Can you believe it's about two-and-a-half months away? I don't want to rush summer...but I can't wait. Haven't been on a cruise since the last CrazieCruise. I think we're overdue!

Did you see it change, Hector? It was supposed to change from ocean view to ocean view with a balcony! What kind of cabin are you getting on the EOS?

Since you made it to 500, I am just about at 300 and need another 200 posts to get that balcony!

I checked hotel prices again on aarp today just for the heck of it. We're coming a couple days early so we can go into New York. We want to go over to the Statue of Liberty. You have to take the ferry over and I see that I need to call for tickets because they only allow a certain number of people up the Statute each day. We are also looking into going to a matinee Broadway play. The reviews for "Wicked" are good and I'm also considering "Sister Act" or possibly a few others. I tried to change our airline reservations last week when SW had that sale. I could never get through. I tried online and kept getting error messages. I stayed on the phone about 1 hr. 20 min. & then hung up!

Toni sorry you couldn't change the airfare. I still haven't done mine but I'll be making my final payment on the cruise this week since we're leaving on Sunday and will miss the date if we don't do it before we leave.

Have a good time, Rose. Hopefully your weather will be smooth sailing. Enjoy yourself and we look forward to your review when you return.

My concern is still this Cape Liberty. I've read lots of other forums and it is not the easiest place to cruise from. We'll give it our best shot and hopefully we'll all come out happy cruisers at the end of our journey.

I've been looking into the Broadway plays and there are some good ones out there when we will be in New York. We're trying to find a hotel that will be easy for us to get into NYC and back to before the cruise.

Haven't decided on what to do in each of our ports, yet. DH looked up hiking in Acadia and he thinks we can find a couple good trails right off the ship. I've been looking up restaurants in different cities. Can't wait til we can all say "next month". Now that July is almost here, we will be able to say that pretty soon.

Toodles!