• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Crazie Explorers New England Cruise September 15, 2011

Rate this topic

Toni - the worst part of Cape Liberty IMHO is the 2 mile road off the highway into the port. It is only one lane in each direction - one day they will finish widening it. You can see the ship the whole time though so that is nice. Once you get past that it is a breeze. The terminal is huge and I have rarely seen long lines for check in and the buses to take you to the ship are double length and the ride is only a minute or so. It will be fine. We still prefer to sail from Cape Liberty and would choose that port in a minute over New York or Baltimore.

MaryLou, Thanks for your reassurance about Cape Liberty. That makes it much less stressful knowing it is not as bad as everyone says. I've actually checked out youtube and one person had a video driving into Cape Liberty. I did notice that one lane road. I'm wondering why someone hasn't torn down some of those storehouses and built a hotel there. They probably make more money as a storage place for the cargo that comes in there.

Last night I looked up some restaurants in Bar Harbor. There is this interesting restaurant called "2 Cats" that is supposed to have breakfasts that are out of this world. They even have "Lobster Benedict". Of course blueberries are the thing to eat up there and muffins and pancakes and pies will be in abundance... does that make you want to diet NOW so we have room for all the goodies later?

I think we might hike around the shore path and then come back for an Oli Trolley 1 hr. tour and then do some more of Mount Desert Island, which is Acadia National Park. Looks lovely. I read something about "Bubble Rock". Have any of you seen that part before?

I'm writing down lots of notes for some of my great findings.

Final payment was made in February. Airline tickets are paid for. Just need to book a hotel and transportation to/from airport to cruise terminal and we'll be good to go! WooHoo! One month closer than I was yesterday... LOL :laugh:

Good afternoon Crazies! I hope thhat everyone had an enjoyable holiday weekend, I myself enjoyed it in North Carolina with Friends, and whent to see a baseball game in Winston/Salem, NC. Weather could not have been better. I hope Rose is enjoying Her Cruise this week. I was told that the shirt were going to be started this past Friday. So I hope to hear from him soon for pick up. Well I will see everyone later. Maureen will be making Our final cruise payment next Tuesday.:thumbup:

Now that our 10 day camping trip is over, it's full speed ahead for the final planning for this cruise. Final payment was made a couple months ago for us. I've also been checking into some hotels.....with no luck yet. We are going to drive to the port anyway......and don't need a shuttle...I hope if we all pool our resources, we can come up with a good place to "park" for the night with a great place to have a pre-cruise dinner.

Hello Crazies! I am very sorry to hear that Mary Lou & Jim decided not join Us on this cruise, I just hope that Jim ' s health issues get resolved and gets back on His feet quickly. We need to send our prayers out to them. Debbie: I believe that Mary Lou had said that We were going to forget about the Pre- Cruise Dinner. We will have to continue with the itenerary that Mary Lou put together. We can make Our first meeting at the 12th deck bar right after the emergency Muster, at which time that I will pass out the shirts. I was also asked to bring along the little Cruise Crazies bear, and kind of become the group's photographer. I know that even though We will miss Mary Lou & Jim, We will still manage to have a blast. I've met Mary Lou & Jim already, So now I am looking foward to making new friends.:happy: