• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Crazie Explorers New England Cruise September 15, 2011

Rate this topic

39 DAYS!!!!

Luggage tags arrived this week. Whoppee! We made reservations for Portofino's the first night. It's usually not very crowded that night because everyone is touring the ship and those traveling all day are really tired.

We made reservations at Portofino the first night. It's usually not crowded. Most people are settling in and forget about the specialty restaurant that night. We found that to be true on other cruise lines as well. So, we took advantage of the opportunity. Our reservations are at 7 p.m.

We also made excursion reservations for the Maine Foodie Tour in Portland. It is a walking tour and you have a tour guide and stop at various venues and taste their wares. That's at 10:30 a.m. Lasts a couple hours. We're also considering the lobster boat tour there. I'm going to check on that today.

We will be in NYC at the broadway play on Wednesday but we have tickets for the matinee at 2 p.m. I guess it lasts a couple hours. If we aren't meeting for dinner somewhere that night, we'll probably eat in NYC and then catch a train/subway/bus back to our hotel.

I just want to know how everyone is getting to the cruise terminal on Thursday and what time you are going? I have a few phone numbers for reservations by independent drivers or companies but just wanted to know what everyone else is doing. Also, what time would you recommend we go to the cruise terminal? The tickets say 2 p.m. but I know most other cruise lines start earlier. What do you RCI people recommend?

Edited by 1shipshape

Hello Everyone! Toni: My wife & I usually arrive at the terminal no later than 11:00AM, and this time will be no exception. I like to take my pictures while there is few people on board. We live about an hour and a half away from the terminal, so We will be leaving the house around 9:30 AM. Congrats on the Portofino reservation, unfortunately We could not get a group reservation. It does not look likely that there will be a pre-cruise dinner this time around. So our next meeting as a group will be on board at the Crown Lounge after the emergency muster. Rose should have some iteneraries for the group at that time, and I will of course distribute the t-shirts.:thumbup:

Glad things are working out and everyone is getting their paperwork.

I'm not sure how I'm getting to the terminal yet. Probably just a cab. We plan on arriving early as well. The ship usually begins boarding around 11:30 or so if all goes on time with disembarkation.

I will probably put the intinerary under everyone's doors so you won't have to carry it around or possibly lose them at sail away. I picked the Viking Crown because sometimes it's just too cold out on deck. We can choose to go outside if the weather is good, it's only one flight down.

We are finally in the countdown phase!

Glad things are working out and everyone is getting their paperwork.

I'm not sure how I'm getting to the terminal yet. Probably just a cab. We plan on arriving early as well. The ship usually begins boarding around 11:30 or so if all goes on time with disembarkation.

I will probably put the intinerary under everyone's doors so you won't have to carry it around or possibly lose them at sail away. I picked the Viking Crown because sometimes it's just too cold out on deck. We can choose to go outside if the weather is good, it's only one flight down.

We are finally in the countdown phase!

Rose! would you mind e mailing a copy of the itenerary? , Maureen will like to have it ahead of time. I believe you have my e-mail address. Thanks :cool2:

Hello everyone ! Rose I do not own a Tux, so I wear suits, Maureen wears a cocktail dress, and a gown. Your itenerary says on day 1 we are to meet on deck. I was under the impression that We were meeting at the Crown Lounge? Is that not correct. Also I stopped at the T- shirt store and I was told that the tank was finally in, He's going to fix the sample of the logo provided, the reds on the flags are too light, so He's going to correct that. :cool2:

Hello everyone ! Rose I do not own a Tux, so I wear suits, Maureen wears a cocktail dress, and a gown. Your itenerary says on day 1 we are to meet on deck. I was under the impression that We were meeting at the Crown Lounge? Is that not correct. Also I stopped at the T- shirt store and I was told that the tank was finally in, He's going to fix the sample of the logo provided, the reds on the flags are too light, so He's going to correct that. :cool2:

Hector I must have sent the the other copy I had. I changed it to read..........

Meet at Viking Crown Lounge Deck 14 after the lifeboat drill. The itinerary is subject to tweeks along the way of course.