• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Crazie Explorers New England Cruise September 15, 2011

Rate this topic

Hello Everyone: I am ready for that planning I keep hearing about, I hope that everyone is having a good time looking forward to the holidays. I have never been to Maine but I have been to the rest of the ports in our cruise. I love Boston and I know how to get around the city on the T. Maureen & I travel there every year sometimes twice a year. In St. John I took part on a photography excursion that was given by a professional photographer, They took us to see the reverse current, & the St. John's Market ( neat place ). In Halifax, We took the Double Decker Bus Tour, and visited the Citadel Fort, also visited the Public Gardens, then at the end of the tour, We strolled back to the ship through the Waterfront stopping at a small Brewery for Maureen to sample some beer ( Garrison Brewery ). It was all a wonderful experience. . So when the planning begins by all means let me know. :biggrin:

Hector - believe me that once the holidays are over and things quiet down, planning will begin at a fast and furious pace. All suggestions on the ports are greatly appreciated. I also have a lot of information down in the basement from our 2 previous New England/Canada cruises that I will be going through

I'm also going to dig through all my stuff from past trips to those cities. I'm really looking forward to everybody's input. The planning is going to be a blast.....ALMOST as fun as the cruise itself!

• 2 weeks later...

2011 is here and our cruise will be here before we know it. I had found a hotel nearby but received an email from them that they are discontinuing their shuttle service this year and so far have not found another hotel. Jim & I will be going to Bayonne in the next week to look for someplace else to stay. I will let you know as soon as I check out a couple of places. Newark has lots of hotels in and around the airport but parts of Newark can be iffy at best. I'd like to check out the areas before I go any further.

Does anyone want a hotel POST cruise? I know some of you have expressed an interest in going to Manhattan pre-cruise so I'm trying to find a hotel that will shuttle you to at least some transportation to get you there.

Now, we can say the cruise is THIS YEAR!:smile:

I will start digging through my stuff from previous trips to this area and post what I find in the "Ports of Call" sections that MaryLou set up. Looking forward to it!

Good Morning Crazies & Welcome to 2011! Mary Lou: I am glad to hear that plans are finallly begun. I hope you have some luck with Hotels in that area, I was going to call the t-shirt printing place to obtain fresh price information, but I require 2 things. 1. how many do we need? and 2. I was supossed to receive a sample design of the shirt from Howard, but He has not as of yet send it to me. You can probably help me with the amount needed, but I guess I will have to ask Howard again. Hey would you like me to find out about that restaurant in Newark (Iberia) for our pre cruise dinner? Let me know! Well got to go to pay Mom a visit I will check in later.:thumbup:

Hector - give me a day or so to clean off my desk (I know the desk is under this pile of notes and gift receipts) and I will send you a copy of the design for the shirts. As for the number it will depend completely on whether others join us as time goes on. Right now we would need 17 IF everyone decides to purchase one. As far as Iberia goes, it will depend on where we eventually end up staying and if we can get transportation for the entire group to the restaurant.