• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Crazie Explorers New England Cruise September 15, 2011

Rate this topic

Hello everyone! just stopping in to say Hi & update on the progress of the Cruise T-shirts. I checked on Saturday at a local place near my house. I was given a price of $ 9.00 per shirt ( due to the low amount of shirts required now) If more folks join us, then the price of the shirt would go down. I will continue to investigate other sources and see what else is there.:cool2:

HOTEL INFORMATION; Unfortunately, we have had a couple of cancellations and we no longer qualify for "group" pricing in any hotels in the area. After several trips to Newark I have found what I think is the best deal for us but since there is no group booking everyone will be responsible for making and confirming their own reservations. If by som chance our group grows I can go in and renegotiate with the Wyndham.

I selected the Wyndham Garden Hotel at Newark Airport - 550 US Highway 9 - Rt. 1 & 9 South - Newark, NJ 07114. Phone: 973-824-4000

The hotel will provide free shuttle service from Newark Airport - please confirm when you make your reservations. Unfortunately there is not a lot around the hotel - it is an industrial area - but they do have a coffee shop, restaurant and Lounge in the hotel. They can arrange transportation to public transportation if you want to venture into NYC. I did not see the rooms, but the lobby, restaurant and rest rooms were very clean, When making your reservations, check all the rates - they have Auto Club, AARP and "leave your car" rates.

When you are making your airline reservations please keep in mind that a cab from either JFK or LaGuardia airport will run in excess of $100 each way so even if your flight into Newark is a bit more, it may be cheaper in the long run.

Unfortunately the hotel (or any of the other hotels I checked) will not provide transportation to the ship so my next job will be to find a shuttle or cab company for that. However I can't do that until I have some idea of how many people will be needing transportation.

In the next few days I will begin posting information on tours for you to look over. Lots to see and do on this cruise.

Also, information on our group shirts will be firmed up.

Let's get this thread moving and start planning!!