• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Crazie Explorers New England Cruise September 15, 2011

Rate this topic

Hector - the reason for the delay in posting excursions is because I am checking out private tour companies rather than the ones the cruise line uses. We had all private excursions on the Connie cruise and it worked so much better - you can stop when and where you want and more or less plan your own day. I'm sorry your daughter can't join us but perhaps she will find someone to go with her. We still have time.

Hector - the reason for the delay in posting excursions is because I am checking out private tour companies rather than the ones the cruise line uses. We had all private excursions on the Connie cruise and it worked so much better - you can stop when and where you want and more or less plan your own day. I'm sorry your daughter can't join us but perhaps she will find someone to go with her. We still have time.

Hello everyone; That sounds good Mary Lou, If you come up with some interesting excursions, I will check them out. That being said though , would rather do the excursions with the cruiseline, if for some reason the excursion is late, the ship will have to wait on you, with someone else you can become a native... We are sill holding on to the hope of joining this cruise, it will all depend on our finances & if Our home does not need any further repairs, If that happens We might have to step out as well. We normally have to save for a couple of years to do a Cruise, and We just came off one recently. So we will see what happens.:wacko:

Hi wish we could join you guys. Really sounds like fun. Jackie is a teacher with one more year to go before retiring. Anyway I little tip I found out about parking at port. In case anyone is driving a little helpful tip. When you enter the parking lot park as far left as you can. (Donot go to lot across street) You will be real close to the terminal. Then when you leave you will be able to take you bags to the car. (instead of driving to pick them up) Traffic in leaving is very heavy. By parking in this lot and having your bags you can go out the back of the lot and avoid a long wait to get out. I found this very help full. I hope this helps someone.

Joe

Thanks for the pointer, Joe! We are driving, so that really helps us.

I found a nice private tour out of Halifax to Peggy's Cove.....BUT....they don't run the tour on Tuesdays.....Guess what day we'll be there??? I'll keep looking for other possibilities.

Hector, I hope you can still join us!

You will love Peggy's cove a must see. Lots of great pubs in Halifax. Below the Citadel on the hill great pubs. Wish I could make this trip.

Thanks for the pointer, Joe! We are driving, so that really helps us.

I found a nice private tour out of Halifax to Peggy's Cove.....BUT....they don't run the tour on Tuesdays.....Guess what day we'll be there??? I'll keep looking for other possibilities.

Hector, I hope you can still join us!

Hello Everyone: I just have a couple of question for those on the Connie that took part on the private excursions. How much more expensive is it to take one, in comparason with the ones offered by the Cruiseline. We are trying to compare and decide. We have not booked any as of yet. I will await your reply.:rolleyes2: