• We'd love for you to participate.

Create an account

Ask questions, share experiences and connect.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

The Crazie Explorers New England Cruise September 15, 2011

Rate this topic

Thanks for the information Joe. I believe a few of us will be driving to the port that day.

Will be reaching the "6 months til we sail" mark next week and then planning will really begin. Be sure to check here often for any updates.

To anyone still thinking about this cruise - hop on board. Prices are rising and cabin categories are selling out so don't wait too long.

For those driving to port. When you enter the parking lot park as far left next to the street. (don't park in lot across street) You will be close to port this way. When you depart you will be able to take your luggage to your car it is that close. If not and you chose to pick luggage up with your car remember people dropping luggage off will be there very congested. Also by parking in the lot and not having to go and get luggage you can leave at the other end of the lot and avoid a lot of traffic. You will be amazed how quick you will get out avoiding most traffic. Gosh I wish I could make this trip you guys will have a great time.

Joe

Thanks Hector - I tried that a while ago with no results. The Wyndham is OK. Great hotel - just nothing around it. The one plus is they have a gated parking lot and an attendant on duty all the time so hopefully the cars will be OK. I think it will just be an overnight parking for some of us - we are all driving to the pier. The cost of parking is worth the convenience of having our car there at the end of the cruise.

Hi there Joe; since I am a first timer for sailing from this port I just have a question. You suggest to park as far to the left next to the street. The street You're reffering to is the road that one drives into the port? I just want to be sure we are on the same page on this.:cool2:

For those driving to port. When you enter the parking lot park as far left next to the street. (don't park in lot across street) You will be close to port this way. When you depart you will be able to take your luggage to your car it is that close. If not and you chose to pick luggage up with your car remember people dropping luggage off will be there very congested. Also by parking in the lot and not having to go and get luggage you can leave at the other end of the lot and avoid a lot of traffic. You will be amazed how quick you will get out avoiding most traffic. Gosh I wish I could make this trip you guys will have a great time.

Joe

Thanks Hector - I tried that a while ago with no results. The Wyndham is OK. Great hotel - just nothing around it. The one plus is they have a gated parking lot and an attendant on duty all the time so hopefully the cars will be OK. I think it will just be an overnight parking for some of us - we are all driving to the pier. The cost of parking is worth the convenience of having our car there at the end of the cruise.

Hi there Joe; since I am a first timer for sailing from this port I just have a question. You suggest to park as far to the left next to the street. The street You're reffering to is the road that one drives into the port? I just want to be sure we are on the same page on this.:cool2:

No it is a different street. You will drop your bags off first they will direct you to the parking lot. There are two lots if you cross the street to the other lot you will have to leave thru the main exit. Very congested. We have sailed out of Cape Liberty 6 times. It took me awhile to find This way out. The street that separates the two lots is the same street in front of where you enter the terminal. I hope this helps if not let me know. I might have some pics I will see if I can find them for you.

Joe

If you plan on doing only 1 "organized" tour during this cruise - Halifax is the place to do it. There is so much to see but most of the "highlights" are some distance apart and Peggy's Cove is a must see - especially for picture taking